WORSHIPPING FROM HOME
SEEING GOD CHANGE LIVES
We take time in our days to focus on Him, celebrate and adore Him, proclaim truths about Him, give Him glory, honour and praise. He is worthy of it all.
We must remember that Jesus came to connect us to God directly.
We don’t need apps or downloads or videos
We just need to open ourselves to him and reach out
In this time of social distancing, all our normal ways of gathering
and of connecting with him have been taken from us
and many of them have moved online
Regardless of how we good these resources are,
now is the time for us to learn a deeper lesson
God is near
Jesus has opened a way for us to be with God
The Spirit has been poured out in our hearts
As Jesus himself modelled, and said,
it’s really all about our relationship with our Father,
our personal, direct, surrendered relationship to him
ENJOY YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD DIRECT
READ SCRIPTURE / BE STILL AND PRAY / WORSHIP AT HOME
REMEMBER JESUS EVERY TIME YOU BREAK BREAD
WORSHIP IS THE REMEDY FOR WORRY
PRAISE BRINGS PERSPECTIVE
When we focus on God, our perspective shifts. We’re reminded of his greatness, his faithfulness, his goodness, his power. During this difficult time when we may feel worry about all that is going on in the world, especially with Covid-19, it is even more important that we worship, that we raise our eyes and look up to Him.
As we spend time reminding ourselves of all that God is, our worry diminishes and we are reminded of the hope, joy and peace that are found in Him. So if you’re worried, look up, up to Him, and worship. Give it to God.
Let’s use this opportunity of a new way of life to work on our daily engagement with God. We need Him every day and we should praise Him every day.
It would be great to start each morning if possible with a time of worship and prayer.
- Listen or sing along to a worship song
(check out our Spotify if you want some ideas)
- Read a psalm and reflect on it.
Pray as you feel led from it.
- Use an app or book that helps you read scripture and pray each day. (We’ll add some suggestions soon, or ask your friends what they use.)
- Check out the St Mary’s Reigate social media – we’re putting #dailydevotion posts up regularly.
KEEP THE SABBATH SPECIAL
Whilst we’re all at home all the time it could very quickly become like groundhog day, and keeping boundaries from work becomes even more important. But God created a weekly day for rest. A day to be set apart. A day to worship. A day to be kept holy. So let’s obey that.
FAMILY WORSHIP IDEAS
WORSHIP FOR EVERYONE
- Nick and Becky Drake (and their 4 kids!)
- Nick & Becky write some of the all age songs that we do in church
– City on a hill
– Noah built the most enormous boat
– Love the lord with all your heart
- Facebook live 4pm every Wednesday and Saturday – about 40 minutes
- Songs, games, stories, prayers, very interactive and general fun
REND COLLECTIVE KIDS
- The kids worship section of rend collective:
– My lighthouse
– Build your kingdom here
– Every giant will fall
- Google them and subscribe for their weekly devotional email for the whole family to do
- Loads of video, craft, questions and prayer ideas
- Social media and website
- Daily family prayer & worship activities – including sheets/activities to download
CHECK OUT OUR OWN RESOURCES
CHILDREN 0-5 | GEN
- Sunday Sessions
- Tots Praise
CHILDREN 6-11 | CHARLES
- Sunday Home Sessions – REALationships – loving God, others and yourself
- Satellites 56 on Wednesdays (for school years 5&6)
YOUNG PEOPLE | MARTIN
- Satellites Live on Wednesdays for youth – importance of community and interaction. (Why not play Kahoot as a family?)
LEAD BY EXAMPLE
Encourage everyone to do things together regardless of whether they are connecting with the online service
- For example: Set up a colouring and craft table so you’re together in the same room
As adults, our manner rubs off on our kids, so if we’re excited about doing church together on a Sunday, The kids are more likely to want to be involved.
Watch the services live as an event. It’s better than way!
Dance round the living room and sing! (Only God is listening!)the services
- Saying grace together at meals
- Gratitude prayer at breakfast to start the day – something you’re grateful for, and something good about God
- PRAY | PAUSE | REJOICE | ASK | YEILD
- TSP prayers (Even 1yr old Harry can say ‘thank you, sorry, please’)
- Bible stories at bed time
- Write songs and psalms together – family worship band – get creative
- Art bible responses?
- Dramatic bible readings as play time